Thursday, October 1, 2009

Twinkie Sushi

A friend of mine at work is retiring tomorrow. He is a big fan of sushi, so today I brought in a special treat for him - Twinkie Sushi!

It's very easy to make. All you need is Twinkies, Fruit Roll-Ups, fruit snacks, and dried mango. You slice the Twinkies into about 1 1/2 inch slices, wrap a section of Fruit Roll-Up around the slice, then cut up the fruit snacks into smaller pieces and place them on top. The dried mango is used to represent the pickled ginger that accompanies sushi. For the wasabi, I just used a few of the green fruit snacks, which kind of looked like 'wasabi blobs.'

I've seen some pictures of Twinkie Sushi that have long thin green strands of something-or-other coming out of the rolls, but I don't know what they were made of, so I didn't add that to mine.

Still, I think it came out pretty good. See if you agree:

When I presented it to my friend, he was rather amused, and after trying a piece, he declared it to be 'very sweet.' But I think he appreciated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment