Tuesday, October 20, 2009

here comes that Indian summer!

Whew! After several miserable days of cold, steady rain, we are actually getting that Indian summer I thought was a 'distant hope' just a few days ago. Today was quite pleasant, and tomorrow and Thursday are forecast to be even warmer! And my fear that all the leaves would be knocked off the trees before they changed color was not realized. So my vision of blue skies and golden-leafed trees may still come true this fall! And, I still have a few more days to procrastinate in putting away my t-shirts and getting out the rest of my turtlenecks. But with this weekend's highs forecast to be in the 50s, I'd better not wait too much longer...

Of course, the Indian summer has coincided with the firing up of the boilers in my office building, so now the heat is on - just in time for 70-degree temperatures outside! I think I'd better wear a short-sleeved dress tomorrow - but I'll bring a cardigan just in case. 'Tis the season to dress in layers! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment