Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Holiday Weekend - Sunday

Sunday's main event was a visit to my dad and stepmom's house. Laurie and Alex drove over separately from Brian and me, since they were heading back home afterwards.

We got there for lunch, and everyone but Brian had grilled salmon and asparagus. (Because Brian is a picky eater, he instead had a sautéed breaded chicken breast and broccoli.) Everyone did have angel hair pasta with Alfredo sauce along with their meat and vegetable. For dessert, we all had strawberry shortcake prepared with homemade biscuits. My dad always makes sure we are well-fed when we come to visit. He's an excellent cook!

Dad was anxious for us to see his new 'bike' - which is not at all like my new bike. His is a Suzuki V-Strom 1000, which is a 'dual-sport' motorcycle. It's the first motorcycle he's owned in about 15 years. It's very nice, but it's very big! And it is kind of funny, because he and I do have something in common right now - we're both getting used to being on 'bikes' again. He's taken his motorcyle out several times since he got it a couple of weeks ago (it's been a little difficult because of the rain), so he's getting more familiar with handling it.

We were there until the late afternoon, and then Brian and I decided to head home. We talked about going for a bike ride when we got home, but then Brian noticed that my rear tire was flat, so he said he would work on that, and I went for a walk in the park. When I got back, he said he checked the inner tube and couldn’t find a leak, so he figured what had happened was that the valve got opened somehow and all the air just leaked out. He refilled the inner tube and put the tire back on, and he said we’d check it tomorrow to make sure it was still inflated.

No comments:

Post a Comment