Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Limerick Day 2010

One of my first-ever posts on my blog occurred on May 12, 2009, which is Limerick Day. (Who decided that May 12 should be dedicated to recognizing limericks, I have no idea.) So, since I posted a limerick on this day last year, I thought I would share another with you again, sort of along the same lines as last year's.

I actually sent it to a bunch of friends and co-workers today via email, and several of them responded to my 'challenge.' I was very pleased, amused, and even impressed with their creations!

So if any of you feel so inclined as well, I would welcome your contributions in recognition of this fine holiday. :-)

Here's this year's limerick:


It's once again Limerick Day,
And so I would just like to say,
I hope you find time
To come up with a rhyme
That's written in this special way.

It's really not that hard to do:
You must rhyme line one and line two.
But then the third line
Starts a different rhyme
And line four goes along with that too.

The fifth line of your little verse,
Has a rhyme like the line that's the first.
And then you're all done!
So why not write one?
I'm sure yours won't be any worse. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment