Sunday, August 2, 2009

21 Miles!

Just got back from my longest bike ride EVER - 21 miles!! What a far cry from last Sunday, when I was barely able to complete 9.5 miles without collapsing!

Although the weather conditions today were much the same as last Sunday - warm and humid, with patches of sun and clouds - the route we took today was much more forgiving. There were hills, to be sure, but nothing nearly as daunting as the ones of last week.

And now that we're done, I'm tired, but I'm not exhausted. And mentally, I feel great! I'm very pleased and proud to finally have ridden more than 20 miles at one time.

We're planning to go again tomorrow evening, although it'll have to be relatively short. But I'll definitely be ready for it!

But for right now, I've gotta hit the showers! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment